A Night Guard a dental device used to protect your teeth from the damaging effects of nighttime tooth grinding. The Pure Smiles Dental Team is excited to offer custom Night Guards for patients looking for relief from nighttime tooth grinding and clenching.
Pure Smiles Night Guards
Do you clench or grind your teeth at night? If so, our Katy, Texas Night Guards might be the best option for you!
Do You Suffer from Nighttime Tooth Grinding?
Nighttime tooth grinding is often caused by a TMJ disorder. The jaw joint, also known as your TMJ, can cause painful tooth grinding when the jaw is misaligned. A Night Guard is worn at night to reposition the jaw to reduce stress on the muscles of the face and neck. The Night Guard also protects the enamel surface of the teeth, which can become worn away with excess nighttime tooth grinding.
If you answer “yes” to any of the following, a Night Guard could be the best treatment option for you, if you suffer from TMJ Disorders:
- Do you grind or clench your teeth?
- Do you have stiff muscles around your jaws?
- Do you suffer from frequent headaches or neck pain?
- Do you hear clicking or popping when you open your mouth?
- Is it hard or painful to open your mouth wide when you eat or yawn?
- Have you suffered an injury to your neck, head, or jaws?
- Do you have arthritis in other joints?
- Have you noticed your teeth no longer touch when you bite?
How Your Night Guards is Made
Your Night Guard is custom-made for you. We obtain an impression of your top and bottom teeth that are sent to our dental lab. Your Night Guard is designed to fit snugly over your top teeth while you sleep and reposition your lower jaw into a comfortable position.
How to Care for Your Night Guard
Caring for your custom Night Guard is as simple as following the steps below:
- Clean your Night Guard in cold water using a toothbrush before and after each use.
- Store your Night Guard in the case provided to ensure there is adequate air circulation and to prevent damage.
- Your Night Guard should always be kept away from hot water, direct sunlight, and warm temperatures which can all distortion its shape.
- If you detect any wear or if it becomes uncomfortable to wear, please contact us to have it examined.
- Please bring along your Night Guard to every visit for us to exam it.
To learn more about our Katy, Texas Night Guards, we invite you to contact our office – we look forward to hearing from you.
Comprehensive Dental Services for the Entire Family
In addition to being your Katy, Texas Family Dentistry provider, we are pleased to offer your entire family comprehensive dental services which include: